Available in 3 and 4 hole patterns
In cooperation with custom gun builders /designers, Jeff Derocher (AKA Tin Man) and Chad Morris (AKA Griswold) of the Bayou Design Team, MAKO Spearguns is now producing the "Tin Man AR15 Handle Frame". Machined to exact tolerances from a solid block of American made aircraft grade aluminum, these handles are now available for the Do It Yourself gun builders as well.
- Designed, produced and tested by Jeff DeRocher (AKA Tin Man) and Chad Morris (AKA Griswold), this design takes advantage of the inherent geometric strength of the military M-16/AR-15 assault rifle design. Once snugged down with the included high strength 1/4" bolt, the bulk of gun recoil forces are carried by the handle/frame interface.
- For an even stronger assembly the "Tin Man" AR15 Handle Frame is now available in a 4 hole pattern.
- The "Tin Man" Handle Frame accepts many standard AR-15 rifle grips (NO MODIFICATIONS REQUIRED) such as the Hogue grips and the Midway USA #A-2 grips also available from MAKO Spearguns.
- The grip is easily attached to the handle frame with a single ¼" high strength, coated stainless steel bolt. That means the grip is easily removable to fit the gun in a smaller tube for travel. You do not need to unscrew the complete handle frame from the gun which results in weakened screw holes on the gun. Simply remove the grip from the frame and keep the frame attached to the gun.
- Designed for the DIY builder in mind, even the 3/16" radius on the corners were selected to match a 3/8" diameter router bit for easy recessed mounting.
- The trigger slot is wide enough to accommodate all of the commonly available trigger mechs.
- The push rod groove in the top mounting plate and the machined slot in the trigger guard make remote trigger installations easy for mid-handled guns. You can make your own slide trigger for a perfect fit, or use our MAKO slide trigger.
- Top plate dimensions are (5-5/16" long x 1-3/16" wide) and are interchangeable with many other commonly used handles.
- The top plate is secured with three #8 countersunk screws which are positioned in the industry standard locations for ease of installation.
- Machined from a solid block of American made aircraft grade aluminum with mil spec. hard anodizing for superior protection against the elements.
- For Rear Handle applications that don't require a push rod, choose the 4 Hole Rear Handle option above.