Start out with the highest quality wetsuit available for your kid
If your kids are warm and comfortable, they will be more likely to enjoy the sport and gain the confidence necessary to carry them into adulthood. If they are cold and miserable, they will not.
The MAKO Spearguns Yamamoto 3D Reef Camo Adult Wetsuits are regarded as the highest quality wetsuits in the world. And our Youth suits are made to the exact specifications as our adult suits, thus making the MAKO Spearguns Yamamoto suits for Youths, the best kid’s suits on the planet!
Don't let the low price fool you!
- I use the exact same high quality factories as the more expensive brands.
- I use only the highest quality 100% Genuine Yamamoto Neoprene direct from Yamamoto of Japan.
- NO DIVE SHOP MARKUP! I sell direct to you, instead of through dive shops. So, my prices are much lower! (See the MAKO DIRECT Story!)
Yamamoto of Japan neoprene material is regarded as the highest quality wetsuit material in the world.
Our wetsuits are certified by Tomizo Yamamoto (President of YAMAMOTO Corporation) and myself (Dano Krahling, President of MAKO Spearguns) to be Genuine YAMAMOTO Neoprene.
In addition to using the absolute best Yamamoto Neoprene, the Yamamoto outer material offers 30 percent more stretch than any other outer material available. We call it Yamamoto "Mega Stretch" and it takes wetsuit technology to a whole new level.
Serious freedivers are especially quick to recognize the increased lung capacity this material provides. Increased lung capacity means increased dive time and peak performance.
The new Youth 3D Reef Camo wetsuit includes the following features:
- 100% Genuine Yamamoto Neoprene: The finest neoprene material in the world.
- Yamamoto Mega Stretch outer material: The stretchiest material available, proven to increase breath hold times.
- Selectable Bottoms: High Waist or Farmer Johns - your choice.
- Integrated Ergonomic Hood: Ensures maximum warmth.
- Knee Pads: Real padded material sewn on (not a thin piece of glued on rubber).
- Chest loading pad: Real padded material sewn on (not a thin piece of glued on rubber).
- Knife Pocket: This is a huge safety feature that all suits must have!
- Ergonomic Face Seal: Maximizes comfort and keeps cold water out.
- Wrist and Ankle Cuffs: Another added feature that keeps cold water out.
- Beaver Tail: With Durable snaps
- Thicknesses: Available in mens & women's 5mm and 7mm
HIGH WAIST BOTTOMS OR FARMER JOHNS?
High Waist Bottoms or Farmer Johns? You decide. Each suit comes with the Farmer John Bottoms for added warmth. However, if you prefer the High Waist Pants, no problem. We designed the upper seam in the appropriate spot to allow you, the diver to remove the shoulder straps by following (cutting) just above the strategically placed seam for a perfect and professional looking cut
that will not fray.
But, don't throw away the newly created tank top. You might want to save it for a chilly day.
NOTE: Open cell suits are 20% warmer than closed cell suits. For example, a 5 mm open cell suit will be as warm or warmer than a 7mm closed cell (nylon lined) suit. The benefits include greater warmth and comfort with less bulk and less lead required to control buoyancy. Serious freedivers prefer these suits because they spend much more time in the water than bottom-time restricted scuba divers.
NOTE: Open cell suits are not put on the same way as closed cell suits. Putting on an open cell suit is fast and easy. However, because the inside of an open cell suit is not lined, you must use a lubricant sprayed inside the suit. We recommend "
Suit Slide" a scent free, non petroleum based lubricant designed for Spearfishermen. Once applied, putting on an open cell suit (unlined) is actually faster than putting on a closed cell (lined) suit.
Also, check out
Suit Fresh - the first product to clean, remove odors and condition your suit all in one. It is made with organic ingredients. It eliminates odors, uric acids, sweat, salts and sunscreen. EZ sprayer to make cleaning wetsuits fast, effective and easy. Suit FRESH does not require pre-mixing or a multiple step cleaning process.
Youth Wetsuit Size Chart
Youth Large (48)
4'10" to 5'2"
5'1" to 5'6"